Home Ownership Is...

Almost unreal. I never thought about owning a house when I was growing up. I grew up in one, but when it came time to sell it I was more than happy to move into an apartment with my mom. I’m not really sure why, but it wasn’t a big deal. Now that I’m here it’s a bit overwhelming.

One good thing is that we bought a new build. There’s a home warranty, so any MAJOR problems that could crop up should be taken care of. On the other hand, there’s so much to do! We have to take care of the landscaping of the backyard ourselves, not to mention that I’m a complete n00b when it comes to any type of interior decorating. I’ve never lived in a place that I felt was “mine”, so I never really felt the need to do anything special to it. Needless to say that has all changed.

We’ve also made our first major appliance purchase, a GE Side-By-Side refrigerator. It’s stainless steel and has the extra-large water/ice dispenser in the front. It has a ding on the freezer door, but that little ding got us an additional $100 off, so I can live with it. Now, the fun begins. What colors do I paint? Do I turn one of the rooms into an office, or do I use the little “tech area” for a computer desk? How much do curtains cost? How much are blinds? When can I have my housewarming party??

So, I’m slowing down and taking it one step at a time. I just haven’t decided which step to start with…

Comments

Popular Posts