Take Me To The Beach

I started the South Beach Diet yesterday. I slipped up and had a biscuit without even thinking with lunch, but other than that I did really well! I noticed in the afternoon I was craving M&M’s, but that could be just because I know there are some in the drawer right behind me! I didn’t have any. I did try their Vanilla Ricotta Crème dessert after dinner last night. It was just “okay”. Not something I can see myself clamoring to get my hands on. The “no-carb” phase only last for two weeks, so I believe I will be okay. I just have to stay mindful of what I’m doing.

With that being said, I wasn’t very prepared today. I didn’t have breakfast because there was no time, so I think to combat that I’ll keep hard-boiled eggs in the fridge to grab ‘n go. I went to Starbucks and got a sugar free vanilla latte, but I think I forgot to ask for nonfat milk (I’m not supposed to have full fat, even though I never did in the first place). If that’s the case it’s another slip-up. I wasn’t really sure what I was ordering this morning. I usually get a Caramel Macchiato or White Mocha, so trying to figure out what was sugar free and how to have it threw me off my game. I’ve got it together now! What I really need to do is invest in an espresso machine so I can make these at home. A bottle of Torani sugar free syrup, some Splenda and skim milk and I’d be set! I bought an espresso machine once, but it was crap and I took it back. The steam nozzle kept getting clogged. I’ll look into it again and see what’s up. Maybe a coffee pot-espresso machine combo would be good…

Anywho, I think this will be good. It’s essentially what the nutritionist told me to do anyway, with the exception of the carb restrictive phase. It only lasts for two weeks, and if this is the jump-start my body needs to start processing things the right way I’m all for it.

Comments

Popular Posts