Big Brother 19 - Episode 38: Back Down Memory Lane



As expected, Friday night's episode was a recap and an introduction to the first phase of the HoH contest.  I almost didn't want to watch the entire thing, but I'm so glad I did!  The first ten minutes revealed how batshit crazy Kevin was.  Feelings = VALIDATED!

So we all know that Kevin went out to talk to Matt after the Veto Ceremony that sealed his fate.  What those of us without the live feed didn't know is that Kevin admitted to Matt that he took the $25,000 on day one.  Of course, Kevin said to just keep it between them, but Matt told both Paul and Raven about the conversation.  Kevin gets paranoid and accuses Matt of spreading lies about him. Lies of course that he has no idea about because he's "never even spoke to the kid."  Matt asked Kevin to look him in the eyes and tell him that he never said he won the money, to which Kevin responds by doing just that.  A huge fight starts in the backyard as everyone, Raven and Alex especially, accuse Kevin of lying.  Basically, Kevin opened up, got caught, and had to try and back-pedal his way out of it.  Kevin flew under the radar for a long time, I'm just glad they finally got him out.

We also saw the moment when Cody admitted to Jessica that he had a little daughter.  Cody was the proud father, gushing about his wonderful child.  Jessica, having never dated anyone with a daughter, was very accepting of the information.  Who knows, maybe they'll be the next Brenchel.  It's nice and all that they're showing a kinder, gentler Cody, I'm personally just not her for it.  He's a douche, he acted like a douche in the house, and he's acting like a douche in the jury house.  If I never see him again after Wednesday, I'd be okay...but knowing my luck, the season CBS finally chooses me to be in the house, there will be some twist, and his ass will be in there too!

Something else to be filed under "completely news to me" is Christmas' feelings for Paul.  I was not expecting that twist at all, but I guess they need to keep some storylines under wraps, otherwise what "never seen before footage" would they have to share with us on the next-to-last show of the season?  I wonder if her feelings for Paul are impacting her decision to not immediately take Josh to the final two.

The final HoH of the season is underway, with the HGs standing on a platform behind a "flying unicorn."  They have to hold on to their unicorn's tail, below the ribbon.  The platform tilts, and the unicorns shoot colored dust and glitter out of their asses directly onto the HGs.  Hey, it's how I'd picture a unicorn's bodily functions. The winner of this round advances to round 3, with the other two left to battle it out in round 2.

It's anyone's game at this point.  If Paul wins HoH and takes Christmas, he runs the risk of losing to her the same way he lost to Nicole.  Christmas doesn't have any real enemies in on the jury.  If Paul takes Josh, I think he has a shot.  Yeah, Paul is pretty much single-handedly responsible for every member of the jury, but Josh's game has been more of a follow-the-leader than him doing any actual leading.  If they go on gameplay and comps, Paul will win.  If people are genuinely pissed about the way Paul chose to play his game, they could potentially give it to Josh.  If Josh and Christmas are in the final two, it could still be a toss-up.  Christmas has had to sit out of a lot of competitions, and some of the HGs could view her as an unintentional floater.  She did compete when she could, however...something's gotta be said for that.

It's no secret that I want Paul to win. He by far had the best game of the summer in my opinion.  Josh was a bully worst and a whiner at best.  He's always irked me.  I like Christmas, but because of her injury, I don't think she played the game the way she initially wanted.  I could see BB bringing her back as a second chance competitor in a future season.

As far as America's Choice, I think it'll be Alex or Ramses.  Alex, because she played a good game all season.  Ramses, because he was the first real blind side of the season.  He's a cute kid, and I can see America giving him the money.  If it's Kevin, I'm gonna be PISSED.

I can't believe there's only one more two-hour episode to go!  I'm going to miss my BB, as I do every year.  There is one saving grace this time around...BIG BROTHER WINTER IS COMING!!  I'm very excited for Celebrity Big Brother, but unfortunately, the term "celebrity" is painted with very broad strokes in this country.  I just hope they can get a well-rounded cast.  Who do you think is going to win it all?  Who do you think will win America's Choice?  I'd love to hear your thoughts.  I'll be back for Finale Night, hope you wil be too!

Comments

Popular Posts