Big Brother 19 - Episode 36: Down to the Wire...



Before I proceed, I'd like to apologize for the text being highlighted.  I can't figure out how to fix it, and I'm concentrating on getting this blog post up tonight!

I wished I typed as fast as my mind worked.  I'm about to hit play on tonight's episode, and I'm so excited!  I have no idea who's getting evicted tonight, #ButFirst...

I'm typing while I'm watching, so please excuse my stream-of-conscience and thought organization.

I didn't realize tonight was going to be live, too.  Yay!!

Alex turns on the waterworks for Josh's benefit.  Christmas and Paul are on to Alex's game, but Josh believes her tears.  Alex tells Paul that her emotion is all for show because Paul is her #2.  Paul, of course, runs and says this to Josh and Christmas, hopefully shocking Josh into waking up and getting rid of Alex.  It's like I said the other day, the only time you admit that you can cry on command to ANYONE is in the DR.  This is a game, and you have to watch yourself at all times.  Emotion is compelling and can carry you all the way to the end if you don't screw up and show your entire hand.

Josh asks Christmas to promise him that it will be the two of them in the finals, but Christmas won't guarantee she will take Josh to final 2.  Christmas is relying on both Josh and Paul to win and pick her for final two, so she doesn't have to make the decision herself.  She seems confident that she can beat either one of them, but I'm not so sure.  She's been laid-up for most of the game, so some people in the jury might view that as an accidental floater situation and not want to give her the money.  On the other hand, Paul and Josh have "frenemies" in Jury.  It seems like some people's decision on whom to vote for is made on finale night.  I personally can't wait until Will Kirby does his Q&A with the Jury.

Side Note: Josh is crying AGAIN.  I am so surprised he lasted this long if I'm perfectly honest.

The BB Comics theme carries over into this week's Veto comp.  The HGs have to zip line across a window and choose the correct comic book covers of the evicted HGs and put them in their proper order. Each HG has two covers that only have a subtle difference. Christmas wasn't medically cleared to compete, so it's down to Josh, Paul, Alex, and Kevin.  They have a maximum of 45 minutes to assemble their answers.  If the time runs out, you are eliminated from the competition.  Of course, Kevin takes the full time and gets knocked out.  Competitions just aren't his thing, but you have to be able to at least hold your own in this game.  He can't even seem to do that!  Alex had a decent time of under 15 minutes, but Paul won the comp in under 13.  Josh's "plan" of back-dooring Paul is no longer an option...not that I think he had the balls to do it anyway, but I guess now we'll never know.

Alex feels completely safe because Paul won the Veto.  What she doesn't know is that his real alliance is with Christmas and Josh.  Alex wants to talk final three when Paul decides to tell her the truth about not using the Veto.  He would rather let her know what's coming, instead of blind siding her the way they did with Jason.  I respect that.  Maybe this way he salvages a vote from her (and Jason by extension) if he makes it to the final 2.  Alex says that she would take Paul to the end, even if she knew she would lose.  That's the exact mistake Paul made last year with Nicole, and it's a Big Brother no-no in my book.  You're there to win the money, so do what you need to do to try and win the money.  Anybody actually playing the game is going to eventually accept that, and if they don't...it was nice having the overall experience with them.  Sometimes you just gotta go for 'self.

I don't know if other seasons have been this emotional getting towards the end.  At the end of the Veto meeting, everyone just sat in silence for a while.  Tonight's eviction is somber as well.

HOLY SHIT!  Did Paul just split the vote, making Josh decide?!?!!?  Josh is gonna be so PISSED, I mean once he stops crying!!  I know Josh did not see that coming!  Paul and Christmas spoke briefly in the hallway, so I'm pretty sure she knows what he's doing.  This puts blood on Josh's hands and makes it look like even though he didn't use the Veto, he still wanted her to be in the house.  BRILLIANT!!!  Maybe that will soften the blow of Paul not using the Veto once cooler heads have prevailed.  It might piss her off even more, I guess we'll have to see.

Side Note: Alex also leaves the house without hugging anyone.  I may have to start keeping a tally on that statistic.

The HoH is back up for grabs in tonight's competition, "What the Bleep?"  Seven videos were made by fellow houseguests, containing a bleeped out word or phrase.  The HGs have to determine if that statement is true or false.  Each correct answer gets them one point, and the person with the most points wins HoH.  Paul pulls it out by getting the first five answers correct.  Christmas and Kevin were so far behind that playing the final two clues wouldn't matter.

Paul is playing a great game.  It's going to come off as shady as hell to anyone that becomes a casualty of said game.  His choice of gameplay is one of many, but it has worked flawlessly up until this point.  I definitely can appreciate it.  I think Paul's next move is to nominate Kevin and Josh.  There's no way he's putting Christmas on the block.  If she has to go up as a replacement, Kevin will be evicted.  I mean c'mon...do we really expect Kevin to win a comp and pull himself off?  For Paul, that would actually be a best-case scenario.  If Kevin were to actually win the Veto and pull himself off, Christmas and Josh would have to be on the block together, and Paul could get Kevin to do his dirty work and vote whichever one he wanted out.  There's no blood at that point because, with so few HGs to choose from, it's all game at this point.  If Paul, Christmas, and Josh actually make it to final 3, one of them is going to have to break someone's heart.  If Kevin can vote one of them out beforehand, Paul is sitting pretty.

I can't believe it'll be over one week for today.  As Kevin Hart said.."Noooooo, I wasn't readdddyyyyy!"  There's another eviction tomorrow, a special Friday episode to start the final HoH competition, and next Wednesday is finale night.  Parting is such sweet sorrow, but with this season coming to an end, I have two silver linings to consider.  (1.) WINTER BIG BROTHER IS COMING!! Sorry for the Game of Thrones reference, I don't even watch that show!  Feel free to give me shit about that little factoid in the comments. :)  (2.) This season's end means that my campaign for #BB20 can begin!  It took Frank years of auditioning to get on the show, and that gives me hope.  I'm not sure what the ins and outs of my campaign will be, but I'm sure as hell gonna bring it!

Comments

Popular Posts