Experiment #1: Apple Cupcakes with Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting

Kenny said he wanted me to try an apple cupcake.  Not full-on apple, but just a hint...something that would barely linger on your palate.  So I took a box of white cake mix and subbed the water for apple juice concentrate.  Here's what they looked like...


They are sunken in!  I don't know if it was because of the concentrate, the oven temp or something else.  They were very tasty though!  The apple itself was subtle, but the cuppies themselves were very sweet.  Given the apple flavor, I decided to try a Cinnamon buttercream icing.




 Clearly my picture-taking leaves something to be desired, but the cupcake was good!  The icing was very sweet, but the cinnamon hits you as a secondary flavor...very good with the apple.

I'm enjoying my baking experiements...good thing we have jobs that I can unload these things on other people!

Comments

Popular Posts