Hair Stress and Me...

Why can't I do my child's hair? Is it because she has a completely different grade than mine? Who am I kidding...I can barely do my own hair! I have such a complex about sending her out into the world looking like a complete and total mess...and that's exactly what I've done the past two days.

Tuesday night was "hair night". Brie gets her bath, I wash her hair, then we go downstairs to "assume the position". It starts off well enough. Madagascar 2 plays on the TV and animal crackers and juice sit in front of her so I can get to work.

How in the h3ll do you get a straight part in a child's hair that is so thick, curly and DRY?!?!? I finally found a rattail comb with a metal end, thinking that would help get my parts straight. It didn't. By the time I was done, the ends were frizzy, and the braids were off-center. I felt like a failure, once again. So what do I do? Try again last night...

Bad Idea. I took her hair out, but then Daddy came home on break wanting to see his two favorite girls. That's great and all, but Brie doesn't want to sit still when Daddy's around. So of course because I'm making her, she starts to whine and cry. I ended up putting a part down the middle and one braid on each side. Please tell me WHY she looked like Pippi Longstocking within FIVE MINUTES of me letting her go?!?!? Who knew it was even possible for a little black child to look like Pippi Longstocking!?!?

I re-did it this morning (and I use that term LOOSELY) but it ended with the same result...two ponytails sticking every which way. Is there a class I can take? Does that class have alcohol? I'm going to need all of the help I can get.


Hurts So Good!

I'm going back to Mike the trainer now. I worked out for about a year after Brie was born, but that mess is hard on the wallet! Well, after working out for so long, I actually miss it, and being overweight and out of shape is hard on everything else. I've hooked up some people with Cardinals tickets, so I've got some free training coming to me. I know the Gravy Train will pull into the station sooner than later, so I have to save my pennies so that I can continue to go.

I'm sore today, but it's such a good feeling! I'm glad I'm getting "back in the saddle" as it were. Now the only thing that needs major work is my diet...

Comments

Popular Posts