Falling in Love...

I think I might be having an affair. Have you ever been so in love that you just know that there's nothing else like it, only for it to become absent for so long that something else comes along and you find yourself falling in love all over again? Let me explain...

I think I'm having an affair with the wind. I am a thunderstorm lover by nature. Get it? Thunderstorm, nature? I made a punny...but I digress. I've always loved thunderstorms. There's nothing better than sitting on an enclosed porch during a great thunderstorm and listening to the rain as it hits the pavement, or watching the lightning light up the sky in three different places. Living in Arizona, thunderstorms are plentiful during the monsoon season (mainly late summer), but nonexistent the rest of the year. Hence the absent love...

I walked into my room after putting Brie to bed, and I heard what I thought was rain coming from my open window. I rushed over, only to find out that it's just the wind. Then I stood there for a second...'just the wind'? That wasn't exactly fair. It was blowing with such force, rustling leaves in away that made me reminisce of my true love. That's got to be worth something, right? I stood there and listened for a little while longer, letting the cool breeze fan my face through the screen. It was a nice, peaceful moment.

So you see, while thunderstorms will always be my one true love, they are absent more often than not. I'm sorry, great Thunderstorm, but the Wind may just have to be a pleasant distraction until you find yourself outside my window once again.

Comments

Popular Posts