A Relaxing Weekend...

Last weekend a good friend was in town from DC for a convention and Kenny and I decided to meet her in Tucson so we could see her. It was a little over an hour away, but the drive wasn't bad at all.  It turned out to be a very nice time.

We stayed at the Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa where her convention was being held.  Saturday I had a full spa afternoon at Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa. I had a prenatal massage, facial, lunch, manicure and pedicure.  The price tag was a little outrageous, but I was EXTREMELY relaxed.  Hubby convinced me that I needed/deserved it, so I figured 'What the hey?'.  I'm really glad I did.

The three of us had dinner at The Melting Pot (that brings my total Pot locations to four) and it was very tasty, even if the waiter did remind me of Jack Black and he kept forgetting our drinks.  He said it was the bartender, but you have to wonder how much of it was him forgetting to either (1) put drink orders in or (B) pick them up from said bar.  We didn't complain, but it only got him a 15% tip.

It was late, so we decided not to do any more "hanging out".  Nicole's flight was butt-crack early in the morning.  It was really good to see her though.  We got a wonderful night's sleep in a king sized bed.  Since we've got one and one on the way, we're going to need a king size bed for those "can we come lay with you?" moments.

I had a really nice time.  I guess that's going to be the "Babymoon" for this pregnancy.  Last time we went to Sedona, but that was just really a" we can't stand the four walls we live in and need to get away" sort of weekend. I just happened to be pregnant!

Comments

Popular Posts