Write Your Own Future

I believe that wholeheartedly and I'm taking it literally.  Many of you may not know this, but I love to write fiction.  I always have and when I say always, I mean ALWAYS.  I remember writing my first short story when I was in junior high.  Unfortunately I didn't save it and I don't remember what it was about, but I remember spending hours sitting at our dining room table just writing.  Cut to today, I've started more books than I've finished...but I still love to write.  Well, I am proud to say that I've done it.  I've finished a project!

It's a children's chapter book, like Junie B. Jones or Ivy & Bean.  I'm so proud of it.  My amazing husband had a story idea in his head and he gave it to me to run with, so run with it I did.  The next step is publishing.  It's my understanding that to get with a big publisher you have to have a literary agent.  I don't have one.  I'm not even really sure how to go about getting one!

 For this first book I'm going to go the self-publishing route.  My book will be available online in paperback and e-book format.  I'm currently in the process of figuring out the illustrations and cover art.  I can't believe I've come this far!  This is such an amazing time in my life and I can't wait to get this into the hands of the public.  I'm even working on new stories for my character.  I've always written for an adult audience in the past and I fully intend to go back to the novels I've started and complete them to bring them to market.  This is special, though.  I see my children in these stories. Hopefully they will like them and they will be excited to share them with all of their friends.  I'll keep you posted on my progress!!

Comments

Popular Posts