Gone Too Soon

I lost someone yesterday who was a very important part of my life for most of my adult years. He was an amazing friend, husband and father. His death was sudden and completely unexpected to everyone. We didn't speak much anymore, but I always knew I would receive a call from him from time to time just to "check in". The last time he checked in with me was just a couple of short months ago. We didn't speak long, but we knew that the other was all right, and that's what mattered.
 
Now that he's gone, the fact that I'll never receive a call from him is almost crippling. For 13 years he was a constant in my life. We talked about everything and held nothing back. We knew we would be brutally honest with one another...even if the other couldn't (or wouldn't) listen. We listened to each other's problems, praised each other's accomplishments and sometimes just sat in silence when words didn't need to be said.
 
Life wasn't always great for him. He suffered through more than anyone's fair share of setbacks and bad breaks, but he always tried to make things better. He loved his wife, he loved his kids, he loved his Red Sox and he most certainly loved his Broncos. He was a hard worker and always wanted to be there for his family.
 
He had a great sense of humor and loved to laugh. He also loved to flirt, even though he wasn't a damn bit good at it. He knew it too, but it never stopped him from trying. I guess that always made me laugh.
 
He loved music, especially country, and would often let song lyrics speak for him when he didn't quite have the words.
 
He was a wonderful man who deserved every happiness. I'm sure he is missed by anyone whose life he may have touched. I know, because he was a big part of my life...not so much in the end, but enough overall that I will deeply miss my friend. 
 
Jason Roy Kidder, I miss you. I miss your smile. I miss your laugh. I even miss hearing you talk about your beloved Broncos. I MISS YOU. I always will. A piece of my heart is missing now that you are no longer with us, but I'm okay with that. It means I'll never forget. I love you.

Comments

Zenaida said…
What a beautifully written remembrance!

Popular Posts