Perspective


The definition of perspective is the capacity to view things in their true relations or relative importance. According to this, everything has a “truth”, yet everyone’s version of said “truth” can be vastly different.  One thing I need to gain some perspective on is my weight.

 
I currently weigh 182.  That isn’t where I want to be.  I have about 30 more pounds to go.  For me, I’m about halfway there, and I say halfway because I start counting by the weight I was when I joined Weight Watchers this latest time…which was 217.  That puts me at a 35lb loss so far…so halfway.

 
My husband has a different perspective.  He sees me from when I was at my highest weight…258.  I don’t count that because that was my highest weight before I delivered our daughter.  He says that since our baby was only 5lbs. 12oz. that all of it should count.  So by his standards I’ve lost 76 lbs…a much larger feat.

 
He says that I need to enjoy all of the accomplishments I’ve had thus far with my weight loss and see that I’ve really come a long way…that I need to celebrate that 76 lbs. and maybe I won’t be so hard on myself.  Honestly, I’ve never seen it that way.

 
I have a penchant for looking to the “glass half empty” side of things.  I always have.  I think my hubby is absolutely right, but it’s hard to change your perspective sometimes when it’s the only thing you’ve ever known.  So, one of my goals this year is to change my perspective of myself and see things in a better light.  I know I’ll need help along the way, but my husband is always there to help me with whatever I need.  He’s awesome like that.

Comments

Popular Posts