The Year That Was...

Why is it that people become so reflective around this time of year?  Thinking about what is, what was and/or what couldve been.  Unfortunately, I usually fall into the "what could've been" category.  It seems like every year I plan lofty goals, then at the end of said year I'm often wondering "what the h3ll happened?!".  The year seems to move so slowly until you near the end of it, then it feels like you didn't have the time to complete things the way you thought you would.  Well, the exception this year is I plan to accomplish my goals.

Nope, I don't know what they are yet specifically, and I don't want to generalize.  I want to be very focused and determined with my goals this year.  Last year I obtained a copy of Chalene Johnson's PUSH.  It really is a wonderful book.  Well, the nine chapters that I read of it were wonderful.  Like most everything, I let life get in the way.  I'm going to get through the entire thing this time.  I've also signed up for her 30-Day Get Organized challenge.  She really is a good motivator...when you listen, LOL.

I think what I have to realize is that life will always get in the way...if you let it. The key is not to let it.  When I had my children, I remember vividly thinking "if I can do this, I can do anything". Well I did it, and they are the two most awesome and amazing things I've ever been a part of.  I want to be a mom they look up to, a mom they will be proud of.

I'll be back...once I've mapped everything out.  I'll also make time to blog more often.  Writing is cathartic for me.

Comments

Popular Posts