How Far I've Come

Anyone who knows me knows that weight loss has been a constant struggle of mine.  I’m currently on the Weight Watchers PointsPlus Program and I’ve lost 16lbs so far.  With that being said, in the past I’ve tried all kinds of other diets and programs.  One of those was the Smart for Life cookie diet.  I was looking through my USB drive the other day and stumbled upon a “journal’ of sorts that I decided to keep whilst on the program.  I didn’t make many entries, but what I did write was pretty d@mn funny…

The Cookie Diaries

Day 1 of the cookies…




Day 1 was all right. I only got in four of the six cookies I was supposed to eat, and I had my “prescribed dinner” of 6oz of mahi-mahi and cabbage. I was actually craving cabbage. It was good too. That’s one thing this diet will do for you…you will appreciate that “prescribed dinner” a whole lot more now that it’s the only real food you get during the day.






Day 2 of the cookies…






I’d like to quote Ice Cube and say that “today was a good day”, oh but it was NOT. I had to leave work early with one HELL of a migraine. I can’t remember the last time I had a migraine! I’m wondering if it’s the reduced-calorie diet that’s doing it, but I can’t be sure. Needless to say, I only got in four of the six cookies I was supposed to eat. I did have more mahi-mahi and cabbage, though. Mmmmm, cabbage…no seriously, it was good.






Day 3 of the Cookies…













Day 4 of the Cookies…






Man, screw these cookies. I ate a banana cookie this morning, and I’ve felt like I’m going to vomit all day. I called the center and told them my situation (nausea, migraines) and they told me to come in and try some of the other products (pudding, soup or shakes) to see if they can get me through. Hey’re being gracious enough to let me exchange my unopened cookies for new product. The only other option was to make me keep the cookies and buy new products…which really wasn’t an option ‘cause I’d stop the diet and go buy some cans of Slim Fast. It tastes better and it’s cheaper. May not give me a 15lb per month weight loss, but it would have to do. I’m off the diet today, so cheeseburgers and Cheesecake Factory here I come! I know, I know…I’m supposed to be changing my habits for a lifetime of health. Screw it. I want cheesecake.






Day 5 of the…wait a minute






No cookies today. I went to the center and swapped out my cookies for puddings, soups and shakes. I start tomorrow, so we’ll see how it goes. I also changed my weigh-in from Friday to Monday. Maybe four days on the diet will give me some sort of weight loss, since I’ve been eating yesterday and today. Oh, and check THIS out…my I-just-got-a-promotion-husband told me this morning that if I get down to my pre-determined “fighting weight” of 150lbs, he will either (a) buy me my Nissan 350z with the promise of not getting pregnant for two years (it has no back seat) or (b) buy me a Infiniti G37 Coupe with the promise of not getting pregnant for one year (it has a back seat). Man, talk about a GOAL! I’ve wanted a sports car for years now, and all it’s gonna take is for me to do something that I want to do ANYWAY?!!? SIGN ME UP!


 ...and that was the end of the Cookie DIaries.  I stuck with the program for a little while after that and lost about 15lbs or so, but it wasn't a program that was healthy or do-able.  I'm happy with Weight Watchers.

Comments

Popular Posts